If error 142 keeps appearing whenever you open Disney Plus, you’ve come to the right place. It is a common issue that we have discussed in depth.
Why Does Disney Error Code 142 Pop Up?
The error message can pop up due to various reasons. Faulty connections are the most common culprit, though. If not, you could be dealing with a bug, glitch, or even a server issue. Fortunately, there are easy ways to fix it.
In the section below, we’ve discussed some troubleshooting tips.
Solution 1: Sign in and Out
Many users have had luck with signing in and then out of their Disney Plus account. Try this before proceeding on to our more comprehensive solutions.
Here’s what you do:
- Launch the streaming service
- Go to the profile section
- Tap the sign-out button
- Wait a few minutes and then sign back in
Solution 2: Close the App
Closing the application is another easy fix. Its temporary data will be refreshed, which should clear any minor software problem that you may be facing.
Here’s what you do on Androids:
- Launch the Settings app and go to the Application Manager
- Scroll down until you find Disney Plus
- Tap the Force Stop button
Here’s what you do on Apple devices:
- Swipe up to open the App launcher
- Scroll left or right until you find Disney Plus
- Swipe up to close its preview
Solution 3: Check Your Internet
A lot of the time, a faulty internet connection causes the error. You should be able to sort it out by disconnecting and then reconnecting to the internet. If this doesn’t do the trick, try moving closer to your Wi-Fi router, or connecting to another wireless network.
There’s a chance that you’re dealing with a network glitch. Enabling Airplane Mode, and then disconnecting it after a few seconds can help. Keep in mind that you will stop connecting to cellular networks while in Airplane mode – no calls or texts would come in.
Here’s how you enable Airplane Mode:
- Swipe down to open the Notification panel
- Tap the Airplane icon
- Now wait a few seconds and then tap it off
Solution 4: Update the Streaming Service
Like with any app, you should be updating Disney Plus regularly. It may be bugging out if it’s outdated. Now, you probably know if it’s running older firmware, as update prompts would’ve been popping up.
Here’s how you fix this:
- Go to the Apple or Google Play Store
- Search for Disney Plus
- Tap the Update button next to it
Restart your phone afterwards. You should be good to go.
Solution 5: Force Restart
Force restarts are like regular reboots but more comprehensive. Your device would abruptly shut down everything is running to fix whatever problem you’re dealing with.
Do the following on iPhones after the X, the 8, and the second-gen SE too:
- Press and let go of the Volume Up button
- Press and let go of the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the startup logo
7 and 7 Plus:
- Long-hold the Volume Down and Power buttons and release them when you see the Apple screen
6s, SE (1st generation), and earlier models:
- Long-hold the Power and Home buttons, and then release them when you see the Apple screen
Here’s what you do on Samsung phones:
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons, then release them when you see the startup screen
- Press and hold the Power key till your device starts up
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until your phone starts up
- Keep holding Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the starting screen
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Application
Are you still having no luck? Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Disney Plus. All its data on your phone would be cleared. Whatever is causing the error message should be cleared.
Keep in mind that you will have to reconfigure your account from the top when you re-install again.
Here’s what you do:
- Go to the home screen
- Find the Disney Plus program
- Long hold it and then click Uninstall
- Go to your respective app store and then reinstall it
As mentioned, be prepared to reconfigure your account from the top.
Solution 7: Factory Reset
Before moving on to our last fix, factory resetting is another solution you could try. Your system would be completely wiped clean, which can fix the most stubborn software problems. However, you will lose all your personal files in the process. Back them up before proceeding.
Here’s how you back up your files:
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap the Google option
- Click on Backup Now
Here’s how you reset:
- Go to the Settings app
- Click on General & Backup and Reset, then Factory Data Reset
- Select the Reset Device button
- Tap the Clear Device All option
Solution 8: Check the Servers
Disney’s servers may be down. There’s nothing you can do if this is the cause. You can visit this link to check whether their servers are down. Try calling Disney’s team and ask them about the issue if it’s been a while and the servers are still not back again.
Disney Plus Error Code 142 Keeps Appearing
There are several reasons why the error appears. A lot of the time, this is due to internet issues. Connecting to another WIFI network, or moving to another WIFI router can help. However, it can also be due to bugs and glitches.