If you’re wondering why T-Mobile keeps stopping, you’ve come to the right place. This is an issue that many users face, and we’ve taken a good look at it.
We’ve also discussed how to fix the problem in-depth.
Why Does T-Mobile Keep Stopping?
Most of the time, isolated glitches and bugs causes the mobile carrier to stop. Thankfully, fixing this is easy. Restarting your phone, or updating your OS should do the trick. If not, you can take things up a notch and perform a master-reset.
In the section below, we’ve run through a lengthy list of troubleshooting tips.
Solution 1: Restart Your Phone
Minor glitches usually cause the error. If this is why you’re facing the issue, force-restarting will help. This is similar to regular rebooting, except that all the processes running would be shut down abruptly.
As there are so many Android OEMs, the force restart process differs depending on your device brand. We’ve got you covered.
Here’s what you do on Samsung phones:
- Have your finger on the Volume Down and Power buttons, and release the two when you see the startup screen
- Press and hold the Power button until your mobile restarts
- Have your finger on the Power and Volume Down buttons until phone boots up again
- Keep holding Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the startup screen
Solution 2: Update Your Operating System
Try updating your operating system. Your OS might be outdated and bugging out. Just keep in mind that you need a stable internet connection, and enough storage space for the firmware file before you download it.
Here’s what you do:
- Open the Settings app
- Go to the System > About Phone
- Tap the firmware file that is available
Your handset will restart once your operating system has been updated. Hopefully, the error will be gone now. But if it’s not, we’ve got a couple more tricks for you.
Solution 3: Factory Reset
Are you still having trouble? Give factory resetting a shot. You would wipe your system clean, and get rid of whatever is causing the error. However, all your data would be wiped. Back up your files before proceeding.
Here’s how you back up your files:
- Go to the Settings app
- Click on the Google option
- Select the Backup Now button
Now, here’s how you reset after backing up:
- Launch the Settings app
- Click on General & Backup and Reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset > Reset Device
- Select the Clear Device All button to proceed
Your device will reboot once the reset is done. Just remember that you will have to set it up from the top.
Solution 4: Enter Safe Mode
Entering Safe Mode will tell you whether you’re dealing with malware. While on it, your handset will run in its default state. If the error doesn’t pop up while on it, you can safely say that you’re dealing with malicious programs. You’ll have to uninstall any apps that you downloaded recently.
Here’s how you enter Safe Mode:
- Keep pressing the Power button while your device is still on
- Tap the Power icon from the menu that appears
- Hold the Power off button you see the Reboot to safe mode message pop-up
- Select the Safe-Mode prompt to confirm
Here’s how you uninstall an app:
- Go to the home screen
- Find the application that you want to delete
- Long-hold it
- Tap the Uninstall button
- Click Delete to confirm
Solution 5: Get in Touch with T-Mobile
Lastly, you can try getting in touch with T-Mobile. You might be facing a bug that they have not released a patch for yet. You can also check the issue online, and see what others are doing to take care of it.
Just keep in mind that if you contact T-Mobile, you will probably have to hand them your phone for a couple of days.
Now, if your device is new, and the issue is due to a hardware problem, you should get the problem fixed for free.
Why Does T-Mobile Keep Stopping?
There are several reasons why the mobile carrier can stop working. Most of the time, though, it acts up because of isolated glitches and bugs. You should be able to take care of it by force-restarting your device. If not, updating your Android OS can do the trick.
Hopefully, you found all the points that were mentioned helpful.